Board Diversity Policy, Board Distinction List and Skill Set Matrix
Board Diversity Policy and Distinction List
The Corporation adheres to a process of selection to ensure an appropriate mix of competent directors and officers. PLC values, promotes, and observes a policy on diversity in the composition of its Board. Provided that all other qualifications are met, the Corporation commits to have a diverse collection of directors in terms of age, education, exposure, industry experience, skills, expertise, among other qualifications.
PLC’s Corporate Governance Committee shall regularly update the Board Distinction List (BDL) to help achieve the Board’s diversity objectives. The BDL summarizes the attributes, qualifications and experience possessed by the current Board. The Board will refer to the BDL when looking for new directors to join the current roster. Reflected in the BDL are areas relevant to the Corporation’s strategic objectives, as well as other important general aspects to the composition of the Board.
Strategic Objectives/Priority Areas
PLC is the market leader in investments holding for sustainable gaming ventures in the Philippines. Focused on seeking game-changing opportunities that will create winning outcomes for our shareholders and vested parties, the Corporation endeavors to achieve the following objectives:
1. Creating opportunities for growth through strategic and lucrative investments and enhancing shareholder value for PLC’s partners and investors.
- Regular dividend declaration
- Adoption of good governance practices
- Realizing steady net income increases
2. Promoting mutually beneficial relationships with all the stakeholders that is grounded on transparency, integrity and respect, and enhancing the quality of life of the communities it serves.
- Participation in corporate social responsibility efforts through Belle Kaagapay
Board Distinction List
- Age group - 50s to 70s
- Education - graduate and postgraduate degrees
- Exposure - local and multinational entities
Industry Experience, Skills and Expertise:
- Audit/Internal Control
- Corporate Governance
- Real Estate
Board Skill Set Matrix and Measurable Objectives
The Board in ensuring diversity has identified the required skills and mix of qualifications of directors. Each nominee’s qualification is reviewed by the Corporate Governance Committee in accordance with its Charter.
Below are the diversity objectives of the Board to ensure optimal mix.
- At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Leisure and Gaming
- At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Management and/or Business Administration
- At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Finance
More than fifty percent (50%) of the Board are with background or experience in leisure and gaming, management and/or business administration, and with sufficient background or experience in Finance.
See Board Diversity Matrix which summarizes the required skills and attributes in compliance with the diversity objectives.